I wanted you to start the weekend off right. This cat has been a huge supporter of Flea Market Funk since Day 1. His blog, Put the Needle On the Record has been killing it for a while. In fact, he’s always spread the word about my blog and my mixes. He is a really great guy that I hope to finally get to meet in person when we do another gig in Richmond. Maybe we can do one together? That’s a hint Dave, hit me up and let’s make it happen! At any rate, he supported his local record shop (which I urge you to do!), and came away after one day of digging with this mix. So FMF family, here’s HeavySoulBrutha Dave’s Deep Groove Mix. Enjoy!
02. Twenty Five Miles – Mongo Santamaria (Columbia)
03. Funky – The Chambers Brothers (Columbia)
04. Hikki Burr – Quincy Jones w/Bill Cosby (A&M)
05. Bad Walking Woman – Leon Spencer (Prestige)
06. Slippin’ Into Darkness – War (United Artists)
07. Billy Jack – Curtis Mayfield (Curtom)
08. Cleo’s Mood – Willie Mitchell (Hi)
09. The Vinyl Experience
10. If You Really Love Me – Stevie Wonder (Tamla)
11. Let It Be Me – Gloria Lynne (Fontana)
12. Keep On Pushing – The Impressions (ABC-Paramount)
13. Clean Up Woman – Betty Wright (Alston)
14. California Soul – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell (Tamla)
15. Don’t Let The Green Grass Fool You – Wilson Pickett (Atlantic)
PS if you’re in Brooklyn tonight, go to this, I can’t!